Hello. This is Andy Swaisgood, Customer Care Coordinator with the Clearwater COG (Council of Governments). I have been supporting ECBDD since April of 2021.
What does a Customer Care Coordinator do?
- Conduct customer satisfaction research for individuals and their families, community partners, and county board staff.
- Analyze data related to customer experience feedback and make recommendations regarding areas for improvement, in relation to customer satisfaction.
- Design and direct continuing education by developing and conducting training on latest best practices in our field of work.
- Cultivating a positive work culture, through the use of trauma informed care. (This is my favorite job opportunity!)
What is Trauma Informed Care?
- Trauma Informed Care is understanding how chronic stress and trauma affect the brain and body, so we can help identify our own stress responses and build a self-care plan that keeps us performing at our best even in stressful situations.
- It’s asking, “what happened to you?” instead of “what’s wrong with you?”.
- It’s responding to our co-workers, individuals with lived experiences and their families, with empathy and curiosity instead of with shame and blame.
I am honored to work for a place that puts an emphasis on customer experience and the trauma informed care practices, I mentioned in this introduction. Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or want to learn more about what I do at ECBDD, the best way to reach me is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org